Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Sequined Cocktail Dress

Now that Thanksgiving is over and done with, and the leftovers have all been gobbled up, it’s time to transition into full-on shopping mode.  Once you check everyone off your list, why not treat yourself to something special… and what better way to do that than with a dazzling little number that you’ll be wearing into 2011?
The perfect New Years Eve dress has got to be the sequined mini.  Like Lilliana, I lust after sequins, and what I love most about these cocktail dresses is that they leave a lot to the imagination. They’re stunning, memorable and eye-catching, they show a lot of leg (but not too much), yet they abide by one of my #1 rules: if there’s a lot of skin on the bottom, keep the skin on the top to a minimum, and vice versa.
Balmain never ceases to amaze us with their mind-blowing sequin designs: from blazers to tops, and of course, to dresses, these collections are always a celeb favorite (mine too; just wish I could afford it!).
Each season, my favorite piece from Balmain is almost always their fresh take on the sequined cocktail dress.  But I have to say that right now, I am absolutely loving this long-sleeved mini from French Connection.  It’s almost a carbon copy of a Balmain design, but I have to say that as much as I can’t get enough them, the French Connection dress is a heck of a lot more practical.
However, at a price tag of $298 + tax, it may exceed your budget, so I managed to find some other fabulous options at a fraction of the cost. Forever 21 has this one and this one for under $30 and I love the look of an asymmetrical sequin dress

No comments:

Post a Comment